Nixon is California’s iconic watch and accessories brand, born from action sports culture and always pushing the never been done. As a company we are creative, we are ambitious, we take risks. Above all, we want to build great products with the world’s youth as our audience. We collaborate with the best in the business: brands, athletes, retailers, causes. People who share our mindset and our belief that we can make an impact, one detail at a time.
We are proud of more than 20+ years of history, our roots and heritage while steadily aspiring to rise to new horizons, develop and grow our brand and team of ridiculously talented individuals further. Working for Nixon means being part of an international, dynamic, and passionate group of people, multi-lingual, multi-channel and multi-category. We are as diverse as the environment we operate in, stretching all the way from our origins in the action sports industry up to the lifestyle market, electronics, and premium watchmaking. We believe that passion drives performance and that perfection comes from always giving your best. We care about the little things, while thinking big.
Reporting to the Sr. Distribution Center Manager for North America, the Warehouse Shipping Coordinator is responsible for organizing, routing, and processing all outbound domestic and international shipments from the US Distribution Center. Daily tasks will consist of, but not limited to, processing all outbound shipments in a timely and accurate fashion. Coordinate and prepare all domestic LTL and web portal shipments per the customer's vendor compliance manual. Create all necessary packing list, bill of ladings, commercial invoices, routing requests and carton labels accordingly. Maintaining open communication between the Warehouse Supervisor, Inbound and Returns Coordinator, our Canadian 3PL (I2I) and various departments within Nixon. The ideal candidate for this position must be organized, have great attention to detail, excellent communication skills, and ability to multitask.
Key Responsibilities and Priorities include (but not limited to):
- Be knowledgeable and adhere to all vendor compliance guidelines
- Monitor and prioritize shipments accordingly
- Maintain a one-day turnaround time for all ecommerce, dropship, and same day orders
- Ensure all VC, special handling, retail, or time sensitive orders are processed in a timely and accurate fashion
- Educate pickers and scanners of VC guidelines to ensure all specifications are met.
- Coordinate and prepare all domestic and international LTL shipments
- Create all necessary packing list, bill of ladings, commercial invoices, routing requests and carton labels accordingly.
- Work with customer services, sales ops, and the Warehouse Supervisor to resolve any and all order fulfillment issues
- Perform all web portal shipments entries
- Maintain records and logins for all web portal access, shipping carrier websites, and warehouse supply order forms
- Perform daily EOD manifest posting for all UPS shipping accounts
- Report and facilitate any issues the shipping stations encounter
- Ensure the DC is in accordance with the Safe Aisle Program by guaranteeing proper picking, storage, and trash removal methods are taking place for ease of general travel through the aisles
- Maintain a clean, safe, and organized shipping floor at all times
- Maintain and stock all shipping supplies, vendor compliance related stickers, labels, etc.
- Backfill other positions within the DC as needed
- BS or BA degree is preferred, but not required
- Team player with a high standard for quality of work
- Strong prioritization skills
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to multitask
- Ability to follow instructions and established procedures
- Adherence to all safety rules and regulations
- Knowledge of LTL and small parcel shipping
- Experience using ERP or WMS applications
- Experience using web portals
- Experience using Microsoft Office applications i.e. Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Microsoft Navision system experience a plus
Working Conditions & Physical Requirements:
- Must be able to lift 25lbs repeatedly
- Distribution Center warehouse working conditions apply
- Employees will be made aware of any hazards inherent to the nature of the warehouse environment
- Employees will be trained accordingly to minimize any risk involved in performing the duties of this position
- Ability to work in a Distribution Center environment with frequent variation of temperatures
Come join the Nixon Team! Please forward your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include Shipping in the subject line.
This position is in Carlsbad, CA, USA and is 100% on-site.
Due to the volume of resumes we cannot respond to everyone personally, but we do thank you for your interest and for reaching out to Nixon. Please, no phone calls. Thank you!